We have just heard from the French Prime Minister Elisabeth Borne and the local Annecy prosecutor in the press conference.
Here’s what we learnt:
- Six people were injured including four children and two adults, with victims as young as 22 months old and three years old.
- Borne said some of the children who were injured are in a “severe state”.
- Also that the arrested suspect is a Syrian national who had refugee status in Sweden. He had no criminal or psychiatric record.
- There’s currently no indication as to what the motive of the attack was but police have launched an investigation and there is no evidence of a link to terrorism.
- Everyone in France are shocked but Borne said everyone is “standing firm”.
Translation to tweet: Live | Official speech by the Prime Minister @Elisabeth_Borne in reaction to the attack in Annecy.